Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sylvia's Acadia Experience

If I had to sum up my experience here at Acadia I would say it was  positive and eye opening. The year and a half I was here I learned a lot about myself. The first thing is that I learned  if I put my mind to a task I can  achieve it. The second would have to be my independence.  I learned that in order to be independent you need to take control and work hard. With the knowledge I have experienced here, I am able to move in with my boyfriend Howard and have the opportunity to be independent and put into practice what I have learned here.

I would like to thank all of the clinical staff for helping me recognize the potential I did have, that I thought wasn't there.

To all of the residential staff who worked with me on a regular basis, thank you for not only pointing out my flaws at times, but for also pointing out when my attitude had changed for the better, and for confirming that I was ready to move on.

To my "B1 brothers, " Thank you for treating me with respect, & all of the nightly card games as well as SORRY games with a cup of coffee in one hand, and a move "7" spaces card in the other. I will miss you all.

Once again thank you for my positive experience here at Acadia!


Sylvia Nurick