Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Play Ball 2011!

           Well, it's finally baseball season again and I, for one, am thrilled!  I would like to make my 2011 postseason predictions to see how well I fare.  In the American League East, the Boston Red Sox look promising.  In the Central division, the somewhat surprising Cleveland Indians are likely candidates, and out in the Western division, the Texas Rangers look to repeat as pennant winners.  Over in the National League, the Philadelphia Phillies appear strong, the perenially dismal Pittsburgh Pirates are tearing up their division, and out West the Giants appear likely to repeat as division leaders.  When all is said & done, I actually am inclined to select this year's World Series champion as ... the Pittsburgh Pirates!!!!!  Crazy? Maybe!

                                                                                 by:   Daniel