Friday, June 21, 2013

eyes

-->
EYES
Eyes, eyes and only eyes
only yours and only for you
Must you ask
and must I answer?
That question, probing my masculinity
“What do you want?”
Eyes, eyes and only eyes


ABOUT (and Accents) (and Women) [and gayness]
There was a little story 'boot
A man named John
He was a man
True man from true man
But that's hardly important.
Or is it?
Gee, they sure pronounce “about” oddly up in Canada
You can find even stranger pronunciations in Newfoundland
But that's only in the East
Try out Western Canada
Where a washrag
Is a washcloth
I ought stop before Colleen harbors a resentment against me
As she gurgles and moans


Are there problems with her intestines?
There may be problems with mine if I'm not careful.
But no, she'll take it on the gut, like an honest lady
Invariably I'm not and yogurt is called into help
But that's old and now there are new fish to fry
Our Lady of Grace, she is.
Colleen, Colleen
Our Lady of Grace, she is, she is.
But now my sweet Catholicism.
Mary, sweet Mary.
And yes, Mr. Coventry, such a gay man
Your contributions were taken to heart.
Heart, mind, body and spirit.
Are all homosexuals Protestant, then?
A little girl asks.
Oh, no, her instructor says, and looks nervously at her watch.


The only generalization safe to make
Is that there are no generalizations safe to make