Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Journey

            People attend musical concerts for many different reasons.  My parents, knowing what a huge Journey fan I am, purchased Foreigner & Journey tickets for my birthday a few years back.  When they gave them to me, I was in almost a mild state of shock and disbelief.  On the car ride over to the show in Hershey I kept telling myself, "as a loyal,die-hard Journey fan, you have to man up and not cry!" I was doing great until Foreigner started to perform "Waiting For a Girl Like You" and I just completely lost it.  I tried to pull myself together, but it was no use; my emotion card had been played.  I choked back the tears all the way through Journey's encore song, "Faithfully."  Looking back, I am not ashamed with myself.  Sometimes a persons emotions override  society's stereotypes!  Never be afraid to start a Journey.

Written by Dan